Daily News

View All News

Lawyer survey finds 68% plan to increase hiring of entry-level associates

May 31, 2019

When it comes to hiring entry-level law associates, 68% of lawyers surveyed said they plan to increase hiring over the next year, according to Robert Half Legal, a division of Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE: RHI).

Overall, according to the survey, 14% planned a significant increase and 54% planned somewhat of an increase — for a total of 68%. Another 27% planned neither an increase nor decrease, and 1% planned a decrease. Just 3% did not know their hiring plans.

Robert Half’s survey also found that 63% said their firms needed to increase starting salaries while 35% said they did not need to increase salaries.

The survey includes responses from more than 175 lawyers in the US and Canada who work full time at law firms with 20 or more employees.

Comments

Add New Comment

Post comment

NOTE: Links will not be clickable.