Daily News

Daily News-Staffing Industry Analysts RSS Feed Get the RSS Feed

Contract Watch - Nursefinders, Modis

September 26, 2007

Nursefinders said VHA Inc. has chosen its vendor management services offering as a preferred provider for its member hospitals. VHA members may also use Nursefinders for healthcare staffing needs. Club Staffing, a division of Nursefinders, has been a VHA preferred provider for more than four years. VHA...


San Francisco has highest average pay

September 26, 2007

The average pay in the San Francisco metropolitan area was 19% above the national average in 2006, the highest among 78 areas studied in the National Compensation Survey, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. The Brownsville TX area was the lowest with workers earning an average of 78 cents...


Idaho is state with lowest jobless rate

September 25, 2007

Idaho's August unemployment rate of 2.4% was again the lowest in the nation, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Idaho had also posted the lowest jobless rate among states in July. Next lowest states in August were Hawaii and Utah at 2.6% each, followed by Montana at 2.8%. Michigan again...


Exchange gives ATC time to remain listed

September 25, 2007

The American Stock Exchange gave ATC Healthcare Inc. (AMEX: AHN) until Jan. 9, 2009 to make changes to avoid delisting, the company said today.

ATC said in July it received a deficiency notice notifying the company it fell below exchange rules requiring companies with losses in three of their four most...


Consumer confidence falls to two-year low

September 25, 2007

The Conference Board's consumer confidence index fell to its lowest point in almost two years in September. It now stands at 99.8, down from 105.6 in August.

Consumers claiming conditions are "good" fell to 25.7% in September from 26.2% in August. More also said jobs were "hard to get," rising to 22.1%...


Comsys CFO to step down

September 25, 2007

Comsys IT Partners Inc. (NASD: CITP) said CFO Jody Tusa will leave the company early next year for personal reasons. "Jody has been a valuable member of the Comsys management team, and as much as we will miss her contributions, we appreciate his willingness to continue to serve through an orderly transition...


Office Openings: Oxford Global, Executive Staffing Group

September 25, 2007

Oxford Global Resources Inc. announced the opening of a new office in Dallas. Jill Frakes will lead the office, Frakes most recently served as branch manager of the company's Campbell CA office. Oxford is a division of On Assignment Inc. (NASD: ASGN).

The Executive Staffing Group of Raleigh NC has moved...


Health benefits costs to rise 7%

September 25, 2007

The average cost per employee for health benefits in 2008 will be $9,312, an increase of 7% over this year, according to the annual healthcare cost survey by Towers Perrin. Employers will subsidize 78% of the healthcare costs with employees covering the remaining 22% plus usage co-pays, deductibles and...


Research from Staffing Industry Analysts

September 24, 2007

Here is a list of research reports released last week by Staffing Industry Analysts.

STAFFING INDUSTRY REPORT — Sept. 21 full issue in PDF

To get the PDF of the full issue of the Sept. 21 issue of Staffing Industry Report, click here.

BRIEFING — Spherion buys Todays Staffing from CDI

Spherion Corp....


Healthcare staffing company settles suit

September 24, 2007

Healthcare staffing company Crdentia Corp. (OTCBB: CRDT.OB) said it reached a settlement in a case against Travmed USA and its owners, according to a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

Crdentia acquired Travmed, a Charlotte NC nurse staffing company, on March 28, 2005, but the...